I don’t know about you but I’m feeling 22 and I have learnt a lot over this past year, not just cringey Taylor Swift lyrics. The past year has flew, and I remember last birthday being super duper excited about turning 21. Now, 22 feels more adult. Scary huh? I’ve decided to compile a list of 21 Things I’ve Learnt Being 21, good or not, I’ve had a crazy year. I’m not going to act like I have endless wisdom about life but I think this is a good place to start. Enjoy!
- I can’t hack Tequila – I’ve tried so many times to stomach it but I end up being a sicky mess right after. I want to love it because everyone else I know does, but I can’t. So yes, whilst you all have your sophisticated Tequilas, I’ll be on my apple sourz, thanks.
- I can handle criticism – I spent my last year at university being constantly criticised about the way I write. I spent endless hours mulling over one sentence and how I can make it attract the reader more – in the end people are still going to bloody read it if they’re interested aren’t they? Take it on the chin.
- The revolution of self help books- I’ve spent so much money on books that i hope, when read, would give me an urge to change the world and kickstart my prime minister dream, but it hasn’t, yet.
- I am beauty product mad
- Sheffield – This city changed my life and made things happen
- Never go to a drive thru Maccys after a night out
- Always go to your 3rd year lectures
- Blogging – Restored my confidence in what I love to do. Never be afraid of the unknown guys.
- Ice Tea is the best hangover cure
- Never do a beast bomb in West Street Live if you actually want to stay alive
- I can’t cook
- Look at the bigger picture – Finishing uni was scary and I was in a pretty pants job for a while but there’s no need to be down about it – you have a degree and you won’t be in that job for long. There will be an amazing opportunity just round the corner.
- Drinking wine gives me headaches
- You can never have too many blankets
- Uni friends are the best – A chance for a whole new set of people and the ones you end up crying in sadness and happiness to 24/7
- Be confident – Well why the hell not?
- I have an extensive knowledge about all things craft
- Shit things happen but there’s always something good that is waiting for you
- Work hard –If you really want something you will pursue it actively. I see so many people saying that they would love to do this and that – why don’t you? Ambitions and dreams don’t just come to you, go out and get em!
- Pub quizzes are my forte
- I am a shit adult
So that’s it. My pearls of wisdom leaked out all over the Internet for you to enjoy. I raise my wine glass to the next year. Ching Ching!
Lots of love
P.s the below photo was taken the day after my birthday and proves that I will never learn when to stop drinking.